Sunday 29 June 2014

D2 - Rock Band


This is portrait of D2 rock band, one of my very special projects. I have done in a four - five days. It was a great pleasure to me to paint the boys of my favourite band in Bulgaria. 

I am around these guys for more then 15 years as a fan and a friend. I remember the time when they was just about to become popular. I felt in love with their passion of music ( I was 16 years of age at this time ). They are very down to earth musicians and this made love them forever. D2 changed the music in Bulgaria. They became so famous and big for such a small country like Bulgaria , in a really short time. Their fans are all type of ages and different kind of people. 

About the project:

As I said, I have done the portrait in a few days. Was really inspired. I wanted to be the artist who will create the very first serious portrait of D2. This is digital painting done in Photoshop using only two classic brushes. There is no ' effects ', only brushes and colours. I have used photos with different lighting and I tried to make it not too visible. I couldn't find a studio photo of the band detail enough to be useful for the painting, that's why was easier to me take their faces from different photos and paint them together as one big project.

I am so pleased to say, the band was happy to see my creation and they post it in their official Facebook Page. The digital painting reached above 420 likes , which made me more than happy and very proud. 





 
 A few words about D2 band:

D2 is a bulgarian rock band formed in 1994 in Sofia.with it’s creator - most famous with the name Dicho, who left the band in 2005. After that they switch the style to hard rock. They are the most famous modern rock band in Bulgaria. His debut album is the best-selling bulgarian album of 2000’s. Their next albums reached big popularity.

D2 was formed in 1994 by Dimitar Karnev - guitar and Dicho Hristov - vocals. The band comprised of Krasimir Todorov - keyboards, Alexander Obretenov - bass, Yavor Alexandrov - drums, Desislav Semerdjiev - percussion.
With Dicho as frontman the band has two albums released - “Ledeno momiche” (Ice Girl), 2000 and “2002”, 2002 


May, 2005 - D_2 put an end to their work with Dicho Hristov

Dec 2, 2005 – Dejan Kamenov was officially announced to be D_2’s new frontman.

D_2 noticed the 22-year-old Dejan Kamenov in the TV reality show Star Academy. Despite that D_2 gave an audition to many singers from the country and abroad before pitching on Dejan. Series of concerts and demo studio recordings followed with Dido. The examination period lasted for a few month and D_2 members unanimously voted to pick Dejan as group’s frontman .

“Tuk i sega” (Here and Now) single is the first production of D_2 with Dejan.
Composed and arranged by D_2. Text - Alexander Petrov and D_2. Group’s new album pilot single “Tuk i sega” directs the whole new sound and progress in D_2’s style.

band members: 
Dejan Kamenov – vocals 
Dimitar Karnev – guitar 
Krasimir Todorov - keyboards 
Alexander Obretenov - bass 
Vasil Voutev - drums 

D_2 offical site: www.d2band.com






No comments:

Post a Comment